Sevilla

Sevilla
Where I will be this Summer

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Día uno parte 1

Spain day 1So today was quite intense. I was nervous for mmy flight and wanted to make sure I had enough time and that I got through security and such...well I did and I'm glad. My daddy and phi dropped me off at the airport which was nice. Dad mentioned to wait a little but the longer I would wait to get through security I would be sad and my eyes would have tears lol. Once passed through security I went straight to the gate k19 and chilled I was texting and on facebook. For awhile it was just me and a few people then when it was about 2 hours bore departure more people came. Right before w started boarding i went to find an outlet that worked so i could charge my cell for a little and i met some nice people, one from KY and the other from chicago..they seemed micr and coo...always nice to make friends in new places. With Iberia they do things backwards lol instead of boarding those closes to front after business and first class they do from back of plane to front which makes sense but at same time they were kinda disorganized when actually boarding people. See Iberia gate and British airways share the same desk so you can enter the gate on either side, well on one side he boarded business and first class but then on other they boarded the rest but no one knew so there was a lot of going back and forth. I was a little annoyed but at least we weren't delayed hours so can't complain. I do miss my family and friends but I know that this experience will be the best for me and I will have fun and love it . Well once I was on the plane I got my seat and sat down just waiting for the person next to me to come and it ended up being a nice woman who is from Spain, we didn't talk much at first because I was watching a movie ( this means war, which is quite funny I did laugh aloud at times ...lol) when the flight attendants brought us our food ( which was quite yummy.. Chicken mashed potatoes and green beans, tuna salad, bread roll and a cheesecake.. Didn't eat all because wasn't really hungry yet but it was better than I thought it would be) we started talking and I actually used my Spanish and talked a little with her and she understands me so that's a good sign and she said that I will have a great time in Seville and with my Spanish i will be fine. I also find it funny how the flight attendants just speak Spanish to me instead of English and I'm used to it because of my awesome natural tan. Lol but it's nice because then that way i will become more comfortable with speaking ( which I find as my weakness) but I will improve... Yay!!! So took about a 3 hour nap it isn't much but it's some sleep... I guess my body is anxious for Spain plus it kinda sucks to sleep on a plane because it takes me forever to find a comfortable position...it's cool to see the sun rise thought from being so far up....it's pretty

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you had a decent experience, and especially a seatmate that wasn't 300 pounds and overflowed onto your lap!!

    Keep posting pics, and keep this blog going. If you don't do it regularly, you'll forget the days and the memories that will bring you much joy in the future.

    Love you,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete